Most of our workshops our hosted at individual institutions or departments, and people from those departments receive priority.
We are also working on developing strategies to deliver workshops outside of individual institutions. More information soon!
What to expect if you’re attending a workshop
- Workshops are hands-on. Plan to bring your laptop and be prepared to work along!
- We use a Code of Conduct and instructors and participants are required to follow this code to ensure a friendly learning environment for all partipants.
- Workshops are typically two full days of focused instruction. Individual modules last 1.5 to 3 hours and are separated by breaks or lunch.
- All workshop materials are free and public and will be available before, during and after the workshop.
- You will be taught by a trained Software/Data Carpentry instructor. All our instructors are volunteers committed to training others in these skills and approaches. They have appropriate skills and knowledge and have been through a Train the Trainers program.
- Before the workshop, we will send out instructions on what you need to have installed or set up on your computer, what tutorials will be used and a pre-workshop survey to complete for us to get the best information on who will be attending.
- After the workshop, we welcome feedback and in particular appreciate your completion of the post-workshop survey to continue to improve the workshop materials and experience.